Account Director - Agency Team
Brandwatch is the world’s pioneering digital consumer intelligence suite, helping over 2,000 of the world’s most admired brands and agencies including Unilever, Walmart and Dell to make insightful, data-driven business decisions.
The company has made three acquisitions to date: PeerIndex (2013), BuzzSumo (2017) as a standalone content marketing platform, and Qriously (2019) to add global survey capabilities. Additionally, the company was bolstered by its merger with Crimson Hexagon (2018) to create the most comprehensive AI-powered social intelligence solution.
Brandwatch has offices around the globe including Brighton, Boston, New York, London, Berlin, Stuttgart, Paris, Madrid, Sydney and Singapore.
As an Agency Account Director you will have an overall responsibility for managing and growing our biggest, and most strategic accounts with the Agency business. Your role is to build and maintain healthy relationships within your assigned accounts that enable you to drive strong product adoption, exceed business/campaign objectives and identify and sell-in intelligent commercial solutions, resulting in new and increased subscription revenue, whilst maintaining Brandwatch’s positive reputation. Key to this role is the ability to articulate value, inspire and sell the future of Brandwatch.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with, selling to and managing agency expectations.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customer executive sponsors, such that all activities are closely aligned with the customer's business case and strategy, allowing the full potential of the Brandwatch solution to be realized
- Establish and oversee the customer's adoption, training and development of best practices to continually drive incremental value and return on the customer's investment
- Manage account renewals for your customer base, collaborating with group managers on quarterly business reviews, retention strategy and upsell initiatives
- Identify opportunities for expanded use of the platform and integration into the accounts business process
- Identify and escalate key customer product related requirements and manage customer expectations on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate the development of a community of like-minded Brandwatch customers, routinely sharing best practices and leveraging lessons learned
- Update CRM and billing system records for customer accounts and opportunities
- Enable and assist product support to best address customer’s technical issues
- Serve as a coach and trusted advisor to Brandwatch customers
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a customer facing role
- Excellent customer facing presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Advanced understanding of social media networks and social monitoring tools
- Familiarity working with global customers across multiple teams and regions
- Proven track record of developing and executing strategic account plans
- Proven ability to develop executive champions at a strategic level
- The ability to multi-task and troubleshoot under pressure
- An ability to be astute, strategic, intelligent, and insightful
- Drive to work autonomously and proactively
- Willingness to travel monthly for customer meetings
- BA/BS degree
Icing on the cake
- Experience working with (or for) a social media monitoring provider
- Experience working with (or for) an agency
- Background in a digital marketing agency or SaaS vendor
- Demonstrable knowledge of marketing principles and best practices
- Familiarity with Boolean logic and data analytics
- Experience working with CRM and/or ticketing systems, such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Zuora, and JIRA
Success will be measured on
- Retention of your shared base customers’ revenue
- Revenue growth of all customer accounts
- Your customers’ satisfaction levels
What we offer:
Benefits:We offer a customizable set of benefits, including health/dental/vision coverage, 401K/retirement funds, generous paid vacation, and commuter benefits.
Culture:Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 10 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch:Brandwatch in Boston operates with the highest level of integrity and keep our code of ethics in mind for everything that we do. Our light-filled office has a kitchen bursting with snacks, fresh fruit, and fridge stocked with drinks and, of course, coffee.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.