Blue Nile is seeking an enterprise architect to be a leader in our engineering team and drive the evolution of our platform to increase agility and enable the future needs of the business.
We need a leader who is passionate about merging the strategic vision of the business with our platform. This person will work closely with other technology leaders, product and strategy to identify business needs, craft solutions, do proof of concepts and the drive solutions into production. They will need to have an extensive understanding of the business and be comfortable working across a number of projects at once. Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills are required; a strong sense of ownership is also critical. Your work will have executive level visibility and directly impact our bottom line.
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and excellent access to transportation and entertainment. Our dress code favors jeans and our facilities include bike racks, showers, and great access to the waterfront and Myrtle Edwards Park for activities.
- Drive our technical roadmap for long-term growth in business capability and capacity
- Oversee design for core domain concepts and APIs across the Blue Nile stack
- Work across leaders to create cloud migration plans and define platform components to enable it
- Engage stakeholders on discovery of third-party solutions and ability to integrate in our stack
- Embed with delivery teams to aid in design and write code as a means to spread best practices
- Provide development leadership and mentoring, introducing new technologies and techniques to the teams
- Host development forums to share knowledge and educate the team
- Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance and design with that in mind
- 7+ years of Experience providing technical leadership and development of production code
- Strong analysis, design, development, and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills; you will be working with a variety of business leaders throughout the company
- Proven track record delivering high quality systems to production
- Experience migrating monolithic architectures to modern microservice frameworks
- Understanding and interest in architectural patterns for highly available, scalable, low-latency, asynchronous systems
- Experience with cloud computing concepts, past work in GCP a plus
- Experience with e-commerce finance and transactional systems, Oracle EBS a plus