Data Optimization Analyst
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is currently seeking a Data Optimization Analyst. Do you have a way with manipulating numbers and data? Do you enjoy transforming data into insights? Do you wonder how insights help in business decision-making? This is an exciting opportunity in the growing field of data analytics as it applies to the performance marketing function at Blue Nile. The analyst will also be responsible for the creation of models to optimize spending on marketing initiatives, as well as for creating and measuring specific performance metrics as it relates to different facets of marketing such as marketing ROI, bidding, customer behavior.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performance comprehensive analysis of traffic, the conversion funnel, and ROI to make recommendations and implement strategies for improvement
- Systematically analyze results across programs, campaigns and segments and make actionable recommendations for improvement
- Execute test and learn recommendation
- Develop analytical insights through assumption testing and sensitivity analysis and perform complex data analysis
- Prepare data in support of analytics, and assist with the delivery of comprehensive analytics projects on optimization
- Provide feedback to the team members creating content to optimize content and acquisition strategies
- Apply advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning, data mining and statistical modeling to design and implement mathematical models and algorithms to solve real-world marketing problems
- Ad hoc issue investigation and quantification of business impact
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics)
- Ability to conceptualize business problems and solving them through data analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate across business areas
- Ability to prioritize and delivery on multiple threads of work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong personal work ethic, including personal initiative and ownership
- 3-5 years of professional experience in online marketing, e-commerce, or equivalent role with an analytical bend
- Data sleuth (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determines data reasonableness based on business insight)
- Knowledge of data mining and analytic methods such as Clustering / Cluster Analysis, Factor Analysis, Regression Models, Logistic Regression, Predictive Modeling, optimization models, etc.
- Hands on experience with R, Stata or equivalent tools
- Other advanced degree in the above-mentioned discipline is a plus, or equivalent expertise/experience in data analytics
What we Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount