Director, Paid Search
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is looking for a leader to join paid search marketing team. As director in paid search team you would be responsible for managing the largest traffic driver for the company. This role is apt for an individual who has the passion and curiosity for going granular and reviewing channel level campaign performance whilst having the ability to look holistically across channels; has the desire to manage teams and implement process improvements whilst also empowering the team to develop their own approaches; has the growth mindset to continually explore opportunities for incrementality whilst not losing sight of existing partner marginal growth opportunities.
Campaign Planning, Management & Optimization
- Oversee a team of analysts ensuring ROI targets are achieved, ensure best practice set up and ongoing management of campaigns.
- Accountable for ROI variance to plan and reporting and supporting corrective action with teams
- Develop optimization strategies with teams that provide Blue Nile with a competitive advantage
- Drives improvement in day to day marketing automation/operations
Channel Strategy, Reporting & Planning
- Develop, maintain and grow strong relationships with relevant partners (internal and external) through leading development plans, campaign strategy, data strategy, reporting, and always-on performance management.
- Deliver regular reporting that provides insight on cost efficiency of paid search investment for stakeholders across the business
- Work cross-functionally with internal product & analytics teams to streamline reporting, campaign operations & data feeds.
- Complete and manage the forecast/ plan of monthly paid search budgets in-line with business objectives and targets.
- Provide clear and defined roles and responsibilities for each position in your team.
- Independently manage personal development plans for all direct reports, ensuring right objectives are set.
- Develop search knowledge, tech knowledge and skill-set of all direct reports.
Taking business forward
- Collaborate closely with the product development team in paid performance product development
- Work with existing external partners (Bing, Google, etc.) to explore and execute on opportunities
- Work with data science and analytics team to further leverage ML in the channel operations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related quantitative field
- 10+ years of work experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility; a track record of successfully leading and driving business decisions with data & analysis required.
- Previous experience of working with RTB, performance marketing (search, display, social, etc.) and therefore comfortable with undertaking granular analysis and challenging convention
- A proven ability to maintain a balance between innovation and execution. Must be able to think outside the box while also staying realistic about what is possible given the constraints of time, money and organizational will
- Excellent team building skills and proven experience of leading diverse team
- Analytically and curious minded with the ability to analyze complex data and make clear strategic recommendations
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication; able to formulate and articulate strategic goals
- Experience with Test and Learn approach to drive channel performance
- A tendency to listen more and talk less. A preference for teamwork and collaboration over individual achievement
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and to deliver quality results within tight timelines.
- Master's degree in business, finance, or related quantitative fields (Economics, Math, Statistics, or Engineering)
- Proficient in paid search platforms such as AdWords, Google Analytics, Tag Management Solutions, etc.
- Data sleuth - SQL experience strongly preferred (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determines data reasonableness based on business insight). Extremely comfortable with data driven business management and related tools/technology (Python, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit - we have a team full of passionate and skilled individuals who like tackling challenges
What we Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount