Human Resources Business Partner
Founded in 1999, Blue Nile has grown to become the largest online retailer of certified diamonds and fine jewelry and we are continuing to grow.
Human Resources Business Partner
Blue Nile has big goals for our Human Resources group. We’re working hard to develop long-term people strategies to support our growth, build an undeniably remarkable employer brand and implement HR programs that will ensure the success of our people.
This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a HR Business Partner who will advise and problem solve using business insights on wide variety of people operations including engagement & retention, performance management, employee relations, change management, learning and development to name a few. As a compliance expert, you’ll stay abreast of both domestic and international employment laws. You’ll build deep relationships to understand the needs of people managers and provide recommendations. As a hands-on generalist, you’ll be the point of contact for people-related matters within your client group. In your spare time, you’ll help on a variety of small and major HR initiatives that will be fun, challenging, and make a giant impact. In return for hard work and achieving aggressive goals, you’ll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than you’ve probably ever had.
Your background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have…
- A track record of delivering consultative approaches to employee relations, performance management, talent management and change management
- Expertise leveraging project management skills to HR programs
- 5+ years of HR experience with at least 3 years in a Generalist role; multi-state employment law knowledge highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
And everyone you work with should describe you as…
- Initiative Taker – Empowers themselves, brings solutions and has a bias for action
- Collaborative – Works well with others, solicits feedback, and has a positive upbeat personality who focuses on opportunities rather than obstacles
- High Integrity – Ability to use discretion and judgment to resolve sensitive issues; demonstrated integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- Analytical – Uses the right data to help inform and make decisions; applies critical thinking both strategically and tactically
- Gets Dirty – The ability to be comfortable with a high volume workload, ambiguity, changing priorities and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
And you should be motivated by…
- Learning how to do something well by doing it, not be reading a manual or going to formal training
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you’ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an start-up-y type environment high on transparency, open to new approaches and without a ton of structure
Where you will work
Our Downtown Seattle HQ office in the heart of the historic Pioneer Square area with easy access to bus routes, freeways, ferries and shopping. Neighborhood amenities include diverse and hip restaurants including some of the most famous eats featured in Seattle. Nearby stadiums provide convenient and fun access to sporting events.