Blue Nile was created over 20 years ago on the premise that all customers deserve to be educated and to pay a fair price for an engagement ring. Our founder felt the struggle of whom to believe, and who he could trust was trying to help him versus just making the sale. Blue Nile is the leader of online jewelry sales across the globe. We at Blue Nile pride ourselves on being customer obsessed, and go the extra mile for our customers. We have direct sourcing and by eliminating the middle man, our customers can get the highest quality at 30-40% savings.
Blue Nile literally changed the jewelry industry overnight. What a novel concept; educate your customers honestly, and give them the savings! We continue to change the industry. We have had retail locations since 2015 and are expanding! We have found there’s a need for customers to go somewhere they trust to try on rings before purchasing. We give transparent education and guidance thru the buying process. We are a non-commission company that not only believes in customer experience, it is our DNA.
Here Are Some of the Top Reasons to Work for Blue Nile:
- A healthy workplace culture - we enjoy working together, feels like family and it shows : )
- No Commissions – That’s right, just help the customers find the diamond and ring of their dreams.
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision and drug benefits plus Flex Spending Plans & 401K
- Reasonable retail work hours. Work, life balance is a must.
- On-going employee training and professional development.
- We sell big, beautiful diamonds to celebrate the best moments in people lives!
Does this describe you?
Are you committed to giving customers an experience they will never forget? Do you enjoy helping them to find the ring of their dreams? Do you believe that if you take care of your customers, they will take care of you? Do you believe in having a good work/life balance? If you answered yes, we want to talk to you! We can teach you everything you need to know to be successful in the fine jewelry field. You just bring your natural sales talent!
Top 10 Behavioral Attributes of a Highly Successful Diamond and Jewelry Consultants:
1. High Integrity
2. Achiever, Gets satisfaction out of helping people
3. Customer-centric, Can carry a conversation with anyone
4. Commitment, follow-through and follow-up expert
5. Team player, plays well with others; non-toxic
6. Intelligent, problem solver, figures workarounds for challenges
7. Dedicated to the Brand
8. Understands who they are as a sales person and can intergrade that into our culture
9. Lifetime learner with desire to become expert in the jewelry industry
10. Doesn’t just agree with the status quo, offers suggestions, and asks why
Qualifications of a Diamond and Jewelry Consultant
- Customer service/sales background. Jewelry sales is not required, but preferred
- Proven track record of being a good person
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Embrace’s technology, Social media King or Queen?
- Makes decisions- Good/Bad, Right/Wrong and stands behind decision
- Microsoft Office skills
- Willingness to learn
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Loves big sparkly things
Essential functions of a Diamond and Jewelry Consultant
- Attitude of leadership
- Ability to work nights/weekends as mall hours require
- Dress down professional (able to work in a suit, but doesn’t have too)
- Carry a conversation with customers and co-workers
- Greet customers as they enter the Showroom in a warm positive manner
- Ability to follow direction but still think for yourself
- Deliver personal and team sales plan
- Implement company initiates
- Work as a team to make customers dreams come true
- Be a brand ambassador for Blue Nile
- Study our website and communicate promotions to customers
- Look for ways to solve problems rather than pass off to someone else
- Become aware of current trends in jewelry, and always educating yourself on the competition
- Monitor inventory counts
- Merchandise and maintain store presentation standards
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount
If after reading all the above and it sounds like you, do not hesitate, apply now! We are always looking to find the right candidate to help us to continue to grow and provide amazing customer experiences! We cannot wait to hear from you!