At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Staff Accountant to be a key contributor to our Finance Organization. Specific responsibilities will include cash application, recording journal entries and reconciling assigned financial statement accounts, payroll processing, and ad hoc special projects and analyses.
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self –starter who possesses exceptional organization, multi-tasking and communication skills. This position supports many functions within the Finance team.
- Daily high volume processing and reconciliation of cash receipts for domestic and international sales
- Review and data entry of daily customer refund activity
- Assist in reconciling, resolving and/or writing off outstanding aged accounts receivable balances
- Assist in supporting customer service requests including researching customer refunds and processing credits
- Process domestic payroll and serve as a back-up for processing international payroll
- Month-end close procedures such as preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts, including, but not limited to:
- Cash and cash equivalents
- Accounts receivable
- Payroll and employee benefits
- Equity compensation and long term incentive plan
- Prepare internal monthly financial reporting packet and month-end close slides
- Serve as a backup for various responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Accounting for fixed assets
- Vendor and GL account set-up
- Processing electronic wires and payments
- Preparation of requested audit documentation and analyses to support the independent auditors’ annual audits
- Other projects and initiatives as needed
- BA or BS in Accounting
- Minimum of one year accounting experience
- Knowledge of general accounting, financial reporting and GAAP concepts
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete projects within deadlines
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Ability to interact professionally across all departments and functionalities within the organization
- Strong Excel skills
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage, paid by employer
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus