Compliance Operations Coordinator, PT
Blue Nile was created in 1999 by a man in love. He wanted to propose to his significant other and had the nervous excitement we all feel for that person who is just … right. But that excitement was met with frustration because of an outdated method for engagement ring shopping that only offered confusing information, limited choice, and commissioned salespeople. He knew there had to be a better way and founded Blue Nile based on a simple idea: Diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry should be fun, easy, and understandable. After all, they are meant for celebrating love.
This was a radical idea in the industry. That’s how we knew it was right. More than 500,000 couples have said “yes” to a better way to buy diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry gifts. And if you want to be part of a company that’s always blazed its own trail, we want to talk.
Blue Nile is a company of doers and everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect. Far from a cog in a machine, the company’s structure can make you highly visible and offers the ability to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work – regardless of level.
Blue Nile is looking for a highly motivated Compliance Operations Coordinator who will help facilitate the movement of Blue Nile products abroad and assist with various tasks to ensure that the company is compliant with its international trade activities.
- Create international shipping and compliance documentation
- Facilitate the collection of compliance documentation from suppliers
- Organize and maintain documents and records
- Ad hoc compliance projects such as assisting with internal audits, duty drawback filings, and recordkeeping initiatives, etc.
- Active student currently enrolled in a higher education institution; or College degree in business administration, legal studies, supply chain, or finance; or equivalent work experience in a compliance-related role.
- At least one year of combined work experience
- Interest in international trade or legal compliance
- Exceptional organization skills with an affinity for being detail oriented
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); comfortable talking on the phone with business partners outside the organization
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Curious-minded, eager to learn, and able to adapt quickly to shifts in tasks and priorities
- Reliable, must be able to work a set schedule
What we offer:
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Competitive Salaries
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus