Talent Development Specialist
TALENT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Is this you? You are a person who has dedicated your time, mental energy, and effort to honing the craft of developing others. You are passionate about, and have a proven track record of managing development programs that help people grow personally and professionally. You have experience in the learning and development field, specifically in career and soft skill development, and are known for being a strong facilitator and teacher.
You are highly organized and thrive in an environment where you orchestrate many moving pieces for multiple programs. You are a natural coach, relationship builder, and love working with others to identify resources and experiences that will cultivate their learning and growth. You have the skills to manage large scale development programs and the interpersonal savvy to establish strong partnerships with leaders and teams across the business.
Here at Blizzard Entertainment, we are looking for someone who can help champion, evolve, and embody our core value of “Learn & Grow”, specifically in providing meaningful and relevant talent and career developmental opportunities for our Blizzard employees. Learn & Grow is more than a value for us. It’s an attitude; an expectation; a cultural mindset shared across the company. To that end, we are looking for a passionate and experienced Talent Development Specialist to join our Talent & OD team based out of our Irvine, CA headquarters.
This position is responsible for enterprise-wide talent and career development efforts that drive individual and team development. They will regularly work with HR leaders, business leaders, various teams and departments, and the broader Talent & OD team. More specifically, this position will be responsible for running career development programs, facilitating various training courses, building curriculum and curating resources related to team effectiveness, and providing career coaching to employees.
The candidate should have strong program management, facilitation, and instructional design skills with professional experience in career coaching/development and learning and development. Success in this role will be heavily dependent on understanding our unique company culture and tailoring solutions to meet the needs of teams and employees.
Responsible for assessing, designing and implementing learning solutions that specifically support career development, team effectiveness and talent development, including:
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Responsible for running career development programs across the company. Serve as program manager and global liaison for Blizzard’s Career Week, which includes panels, workshops, classes and career coaching across multiple Blizzard offices. Provide career coaching and teach all career development related courses including: self-assessment, development planning, resume, interview, etc. Run the Career Readiness Program, which provides skills-based training to help entry-level customer service employees acquire the knowledge they need to be more competitive for temporary assignments and entry-level positions across the company.
- TEAM EFFECTIVENESS: Support the build out and implementation of team effectiveness resources through the instructional design of materials, curation of resources, and facilitation of training (e.g. DiSC), exercises and team building activities. Partner with others on the Talent & OD team to create an on-line workspace on our LMS (BlizzU) that provides leaders and teams with on-demand resources they can utilize to assess and cultivate their team dynamics and effectiveness. Work with HR Partners, leaders and teams to assess and deliver customized learning solutions.
- TALENT DEVELOPMENT: Provide support on a variety of Talent & OD initiatives and programs, related to current business needs, HR strategies and other Talent & OD priorities. May include needs assessment, focus group facilitation, teaching of courses, instructional design, planning and implementation, evaluation, etc.
- A minimum of 2-3 years in progressively responsible learning and development, or OD positions
- A minimum of 2 years of facilitation/class training experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning methodologies and philosophies with strong program management experience
- Consulting (internal or external) experience and skill set
- Key skills – needs assessment, instructional design, project / program management, facilitation, presentation, employee coaching, communication, influence, analysis, and problem solving
- Able to work independently and effectively influence a diverse team
- Able to succeed in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Talent for diplomatic, unbiased communication, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Able to travel domestically approximately 3-4 times per year
- Experience running career development programs and knowledge of career exploration frameworks
- Master's degree in organizational development, organizational psychology, industrial psychology, organizational leadership, or a related field
- Master Trainer, and / or licensed Facilitator (DiSC preferred)
- Strong customer service orientation, preferably in a creative or technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to work at a fast pace in a multitasking environment and be flexible to ramp up or change directions as needed
- Experience working with remote teams
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
- A passion for games
- Understanding of creative and fast paced cultures and environments
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.