Blizzard Entertainment's operations center is looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer to help maintain Blizzard’s worldwide IT services. The operations center serves as the focal point for all Blizzard IT Service Operations, including the core functions of Monitoring, Request Fulfillment, and Incident, Event, and Change Management, with DevOps Engineers responsible for the architecture/design, management, and integrations with Blizzard's monitoring and event management services. The core skill sets for a DevOps Engineer include software engineering and integrations, systems engineering, and a strong understanding of event/alert management, monitoring tools, and automation engines. The DevOps Engineer position also relies on knowledge management skill sets as well as leadership skills such as training and mentoring. The operations center is a dynamic, fast-paced, high-reliability, 24 / 7 facility supporting one of the most complex and prolific gaming infrastructures on the planet. If you are a DevOps Engineer with the skills and experience to thrive in this environment, read on.
Work with service operations managers, operations center leadership, and internal stakeholders to design and implement solutions that improve and expand Blizzard's Event Management tooling and capabilities. Work with service owners to engineer and on-board new monitoring solutions to the operations center. Work with operations center administrators and engineers to continuously improve event quality (signal/noise) and process/tooling performance. Develop api-driven software solutions to integrate diverse commercial or internally developed tools. Collaborate with management in defining metrics and KPIs critical to the analysis of event management performance. Collaborate with service operations team to develop reports to highlight monitoring/alert coverage and effectiveness for service owners and senior leadership. Perform detailed research, analysis, and provide recommendations on proof-of-concepts and build vs. buy scenarios. Create technical and end-user documentation for integrations and tooling managed by the Monitoring and Automation team. Participate in production support and scheduled on-call responsibilities.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with enterprise service operations, with at least 2 years of experience focused on DevOps and service-based systems engineering.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols. Strong knowledge of monitoring technology and protocols (Nagios, SolarWinds, Telegraf (TICK), Sensu, AppDynamix/NewRelic, NMS)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of event correlation/automation engines (Moogsoft AIOps, Big Panda, StackStorm, Drools)
- Experience with the ELK stack and metrics time-series databases (InfluxDB, Graphite, OpenTSDB)
- Extensive experience developing and writing code in at least 1 modern scripted/interpreted language (Python, C#, Ruby, Groovy, Node.js, Go)
- Experience with developing microservice-based HTTP applications and servers, including JMX, Flask, Apache/NGINX
- Functional knowledge of Project Management standards, including the Agile and Kanban methodologies.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle; including CI and CD pipeline architecture.
- Understanding of cloud orchestration frameworks, enterprise IT service provisioning tools, and their role in IT transformation.
- Familiarity with service configuration and deployments tools, such as Ansible, Consul, Jenkins, Puppet, Terraform and Vault.
- Exhibit a high attention to detail, adjust quickly to an ever-changing and evolving environment, and poses sharp analytical competency for all-things-technology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to train users on topics, provide presentations to an internal audience, and interact positively with and receive direction from senior management
- Available for occasional domestic and/or international travel
- Experience with developing and delivering presentations with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Passion for video games and technology!
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover letter (Highly Preferred) which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard Entertainment
- What technology or games you are currently playing with
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!