Software Engineer, Art Tools - Unannounced Project
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Are you skilled at building tools and workflows for artists? Our team of talented developers is working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. If you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that embraces collaboration and has a real passion for all things Diablo, then come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer to join the Diablo Team. This position will facilitate the development and support of rigging and animation technology utilized in our game creation pipeline. In addition to implementing and supporting tools, you will also be expected to evaluate workflows and identify ways to improve them. You should have a thorough knowledge of rigging, animation, deformation, and simulation tools used in the modern AAA game engines, as well as related cross pipeline workflows. Familiarity with game rigging and animation pipelines and technologies is required. This position will be the point of communication between multiple teams using our Rigging and Animation technology. Your excellent communication skills will be put to good use as you train, educate and inform ancillary teams of our rigging and simulation technology development.
- Excellent Python development skills and debugging techniques
- Detailed working knowledge of Maya
- Experience writing Maya Tools and the Maya API
- Experience with Python, MEL, pyQt, and
- Experience with C, C++
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing tools, and implementing process improvements in a production environment
- Familiarity with character pipelines, such as modeling, rigging, and animation
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technical support focused
- An avid gamer
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter
- Knowledge of modern AAA VFX creation practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience with C#
- Able to create workflows or tools in a new unfamiliar area
- Familiar with Blizzard games and properties
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true