SENIOR DESIGNER STUDIO KIKI
ID SENIOR DESIGNER ROLE
KIKI Design Studio
About Big Mamma Group
Big Mamma's intention is to share authenticity and warmth of traditional Italian trattorias internationally. The group opened 11 trattorias & the biggest food court in Europe in 5 years. We do traditional Italian cuisine and we serve 8500 diners per day in France & in the UK. All produce is directly sourced from small Italian producers and from local producers in the UK, dishes are 100% homemade, served at affordable prices, in beautifully designed spaces and with a big smile.
To deliver this level of experience, Big Mamma Group created his own interior design studio in London, “Studio KIKI”, team of 18 designers whose job is to create the coolest places in the world!
Big Mamma’s design team Kiki
We are offering the opportunity to work on iconic and highly creative projects with full involvement from concept through to being on site.
With six new openings scheduled in London, Spain, and France in the next 20 months, this is an exciting time to join and be involved in the growth and success of the company as well as having scope for personal development and growth.
6+ years of experience in either hospitality or a similar relevant field and be very experienced with running and delivering jobs; either hotels or restaurants. Project management experience required.
The Senior Designer will manage several projects from start to finish. The Senior Designer will manage Mid and Junior Designers and will lead the design concept development and design information production until the handover on site.
Design Creative Management: responsible for delivering a strong design concept matching budget and technical constraints.
- Develop the creative vision for projects, understanding Big Mamma’s stylistic requirements
- Lead design research projects in general and concept development in particular. The task includes activities ranging from finding mood images for a particular design direction to establishing information about a specific site. Lead the establishment of the materiality of a project as well as developing details of the design through material research and to ensure samples are available for review and approval.
- Ensure that they are adhered to during the design concept, design development and construction.
Design Project Management: responsible for delivering the project within the right budget, timeline and resources.
- Develop projects from concept phase through to completion, respecting the program milestones.
- Implements the program and plans the meetings needed throughout all the project.
- Mentoring Studio individuals on how to behave towards contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure the project matches budget constraints (alongside the construction team) for projects while ensuring the Studio delivers the ‘best in class’.
- Liaise with other relevant Big Mamma teams as required to ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the suppliers and contractors on site for the design issues, alongside the construction team.
- Coordinates with FF&E resources allocated on the project.
Responsible for the Design Documentation issued:
- Develop concept presentations.
- Lead and undertake all relevant construction documentation (drawing packages, schedules, maintenance handbook etc.) while ensuring a high level of accuracy is applied in the production of information.
- Ensure the Studio standards are executed within all design documentation.
Responsible for the team project success
- Monitor Studio morale and note areas of opportunity or deficiency and look for improvements.
- Recruiting, managing junior members of staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of UK building regulations. Knowledge of European regulations would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction technology.
- High level knowledge of joinery, furniture and construction detailing is essential.
- Awareness of current style trends as well as the wider restaurant industry.
- 3D spatial awareness skills.
- Good knowledge of Studio Kiki design processes and standards.
- An extremely high level of AutoCAD is a must.
- Proficient in SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office
- Strong freehand sketching abilities.
- Project Management
- Good eye for colour and materials.
- Good managerial skills.
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Work well individually as well as a team.
- Pragmatic with good problem-solving skills
- Good initiative as well as an ability to follow instructions.
This is a very busy, hands-on role which will suit somebody who is genuinely hard working and creative. You will be working as part of a friendly and collaborative team, where your input and ideas will be expected and welcomed. The company has a unique ethos and style which will require you to be confident and bold in your work, with conviction in your ideas.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Shoreditch, London
To the moon !
2020 © - confidentiel