Sr. Software Engineer (Remote Opportunity)
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for the designing, developing, and supporting an existing custom .NET application and will work closely with the Architect and other developers. Qualified applicants will be highly responsible, detail oriented, and focused on quality. The ideal candidate has knowledge of the necessary concepts, procedures, and practices necessary for application and database development.
• Responsible for design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, delivery and support of applications primarily built on ASP.NET and MS SQL technologies
• Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
• Create technical specifications and test plans
• Write technical specs/documentation
• Analyzes, evaluates, and documents user requests
• Collaborate with and takes direction from Architect and subject matter experts in the technical assessment of new designs and development work
Required Experience / Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 4 to 5 years’ experience with .NET development.
· SQL Development experience - indexes, normalization, schemas, stored procedures, SSIS Packages, triggers, etc.
· Solid experience designing and developing .NET-based solutions with .Net Framework and .Net Core.
· Must be process and detail oriented
· Ability to solve technical or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, experience, and knowledge
· Must be able to work within a team environment as well as independently
· High degree of personal ownership and accountability
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.