The Freelance Proofreader is responsible for the quality and accuracy of all copy for marketing and advertising materials prior to production.
- Proofreading existing materials for copy clarity and readability, trademarks, registration information, grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, format, branding, etc.
- Provides copy editing support on case studies, presentation decks, and various assignments as needed.
- Contributes best copy practices to brand style guidelines and ensures all materials are released in adherence to them.
- Fixes typographical errors such as spacing issues, use of wrong glyph, missing or duplicated copy, etc.
- Identifies and corrects inconsistencies in style and formatting before production.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Proofreading/Copy Editing, preferably in an agency environment.
- Ability to proof and mark up in a variety of formats and media, including Word docs and Excel files, PDFs and JPEGs, PowerPoint and Keynote presentations, studio mechanicals and digital files on Mac platform.
- Thorough familiarity with use of proofreading marks and client style guides.
- Familiarity with typography basics and production processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines.