Senior QA Automation Developer
Based in Ottawa, our software engineers develop next generation remote monitoring and management (RMM) systems that allows an IT solution provider to monitor the security, health and performance of customer IT assets 24/7. Our engineers are versatile and passionate about tackling new problems as we continue to push our cloud technology forward.
We are seeking an experienced Senior QA Automation Developer to join our Managed Workplace team. As a member of one of our self-organizing Scrums Teams, you will work together closely with your team and be determined to successfully deliver new product features in short successive sprints. In this specific role you will be responsible for ownership of our existing test automation framework and for recommending ways to improve our automation capabilities. In addition, in this role you will be called on to produce new automation tests for ongoing feature work and in maintaining a set of automated tests that can be quickly executed. The results of these tests should give a level of confidence about the quality of the software we are producing.
- Owner, mentor, champion of the test automation framework
- Lead continuous improvement efforts (automation framework, tools and processes)
- Create, analyze, and maintain automation suites
- Work closely with other engineers and architects to ensure new product features are designed to be testable using automation
- Continuous analysis of the automation test suites to ensure appropriate test coverage based on analysis of previous test results and field found issue
- Participate as an active member of a self-organizing Agile team
- Build and maintain automation infrastructure like VMs, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Write code that is maintainable, reliable, scalable, and easily readable
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in QA automation using modern languages like C#, Java, etc.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Experience writing browser UI and business layer automation with tools like Selenium, CodedUI, etc.
- A deep curiosity for understanding how things work and industry best practices/trends
- Challenge the status quo by experimenting with new processes and tools
- Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Good oral and written skills.
- Considered an asset in terms of technologies/tools/process:
- Visual Studio
- Other similar technologies
We are committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. In order to ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live in and serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.