Lead, Sustainability Operations
The Lead, Sustainability Operations works under the supervision of the Manager, Global HSE & Assessment Services assigned as a dedicated resource to client and contractor/supplier members of Avetta.
This position will lead the development and execution of a broad-based, consortium-wide strategic sustainability initiative to advance our Sustainability Product Line. In addition, will conduct Sustainability Audits and provide guidance for Suppliers on gaps and improvement opportunities towards a mature sustainability effort.
The Lead, Sustainability Operations may supervise up to 2 employees long term. Short-term, there will be no supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that Avetta’s sustainability effort enhances business performance and supports the long-term interests of the company and supporting clients/suppliers
- Serve as the central point of contact for all interfaces with customers on the subject of Sustainability and/or Corporate Social Responsibility. This includes being the lead interface with customers relative to their inquiries, their requests for information on company efforts in support of Sustainability, and all written and verbal communications to customers on the subject of Sustainability and/or Corporate Social Responsibility. As necessary, collaborate with internal subject matter experts to ensure appropriate responses and communications
- Support initiatives to partner or collaborate with existing 3rd party Reporting Organizations (e.g. EcoVadis, Ceres, Deloitte, McKinsey & Company, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of generalist sustainability concepts, including social and environmental standards (e.g. U.N. Guiding Principles on business and Human Rights, The Natural Step, Future Fit Business Benchmarks, Carbon Disclosure Project, Global Reporting Initiative, ESG Reporting, DJSI, etc.)
- Additional subject matter expertise including sustainability management, reporting and transparency, inclusion and diversity, and/or responsible sourcing and supply chain.
- Strong knowledge of country specific and global social and environmental trends
- Ability to support and recommend improvements or opportunities for Clients & Suppliers to advance their Sustainability and CSR Performance metrics
Serve as the internal leader and “go to” expert for CSR/Sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating/educating on sustainability topics.
- Excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner
- Strong supervisory skills; providing others with a clear direction, inspiring motivation and empowerment
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with other functions and brands
- Ability to collaborate on initiatives Globally, helping to design, facilitate, and drive innovative approaches to creating business and social value for participating companies
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including communicating and marketing sustainable efforts
- Highly analytical, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
- Must be able to plan, execute, and continuously improve his/her work independently and/or in close collaboration with colleagues, as appropriate
- Strong leadership skills and innate ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional business teams within our global network and with external parties.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders of multiple levels, within and outside the company.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the year
- Provide support where needed to the HSE & Assessment Services Team on other Audits, as required
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization both internal and external from the C-Suite to the labor force
- Proficient in external facing meetings to include ability in promoting and explaining the value of our sustainability product where a need exists for clients
- High school diploma or Equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required and at least five (5) plus years’ experience with Corporate Responsibility, Sustainability, EHS, Ethics Compliance, Employee/Labor Relations, Human Rights, Community Involvement, Management Systems (ISO, OHSAS, SA).
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate sustainability, including (2) years of experience in program/project management necessary.
- International experience in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility and Supply Chain Sustainability.
- Lead or supervisory experience desired
- Sustainability or Corporate Sustainability Certification or Credentials preferred
- Internal Auditor Certification preferred
- Experience in ISO 26000 is preferred
- Experience or training in ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, ANSI Z10 a plus
- Safety and Health Auditing (ISO 19011) experience a plus
- Proficiency in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Web Conferencing Software (e.g. Zoom, Webex or Go To Meeting), and JIRA