South Asia Diamond Leader
South Asia Diamond Leader
Help the World Play the New Game: join forces with today's brightest entrepreneurs for creating a world in which everyone is a changemaker
Founded in 1980, today Ashoka is the world’s largest network of leading social entrepreneurs and ranks among the top 5 NGOs of the world. The first-ever social entrepreneur to be selected as an Ashoka Fellow was Gloria De Souza from India, in 1982, who revolutionised the system of learning in classrooms.
Impacting millions of people and communities through their work, our Fellows include people like Nobel Laureates Kailash Satyarthi (Bachpan Bachao Andolan), Muhammad Yunus (Grameen Bank), and Magsaysay awardee Anshu Gupta (Goonj), among several others. Currently, we have over 400 Ashoka Fellows in India working in a wide-ranging fields such as education, human rights, finance, local media, and women and youth empowerment.
Ashoka South Asia functions as a collaborative network that supports and amplifies change by bringing together not only Ashoka Fellows, but also other changemakers who are committed to the good of all.
If you are an entrepreneur who has built or grown an organization from early stages to large size, has built teams, believes in the power of networks, and has a desire to be a part of this historic moment, we want you to join our team.
- Lead the South Asia team and provide visionary leadership in order to advance the “Everyone a Changemaker” vision in the region
- Co-build and co-lead an integrated and fluid “team of teams” in South Asia by weaving together Ashoka Fellows, business entrepreneurs, media partners, thought leaders, and other partners
- Represent Ashoka on a regional level and as a speaker in events and the media
- Mobilize networks and strategic partners, raise resources, and pioneer new revenue models in order to cultivate the Ashoka network in South Asia
- Be responsible for the regional office to be financially sound, meet the financial requirements on an ongoing basis, build long term sustainability and explore new revenue opportunities
- Build a brilliant team of senior leaders - including bringing on board peers and other leaders who would lead programs across geographies
- Serve as a internal coach/champion and inspire the team to achieve its full potential
- Leverage the global Ashoka presence in over 37 countries and collaborate with country leaders and program leaders who are peers to build/enhance a successful South Asia program
- Collaborate with the Ashoka’s CEO and global program leaders on co-creating new strategies for Ashoka’s growth globally
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, collegial, and highly effective leader. To determine if you are fit, please see if you can answer the following questions:
- Do you have a track record of creating and growing ideas that have resulted in systemic change?
- Have you successfully mobilized financial and other resources?
- Do you consistently demonstrate strong social/emotional intelligence and have the ability to lead, inspire, and integrate very entrepreneurial teams with respect and collegiality?
- Have you demonstrated agility with managing large client/partner relationships?
- Do you have a track record in providing thought leadership on identifying, articulating, and driving major innovations and opportunities in various fields?
If these questions resonate with your experience, we would be interested in starting a conversation with you about this position.
This role is based in Bangalore, India and reports to the CEO of Ashoka.