Ashoka - Migration Policy Advisor for Hello Europe
Ashoka Europe is seeking a Migration Policy Advisor, based in Brussels, to join the team of Hello Europe, Ashoka’s flagship program on social innovation and migration. The main purpose of the job will be to help Ashoka Fellows and other social entrepreneurs who have successfully employed solutions to social problems in their journey towards system-change. This would mean accompanying them through the journey of influencing European Institutions and policy-makers so that their innovations can tip and become the new norm.
Successful candidates will possess most of the following skills and experience:
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and ideally other European languages;
- Understands and enjoys relationship-building;
- Understands Ashoka’s vision of “Everyone a changemaker” and makes it their own;
- Capacity to manage complex tasks involving multiple stakeholders;
- Inspiring team leader who genuinely enjoys working collaboratively with others in teams;
- Visionary who can think medium to long-term to create and implement ideas and strategies.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of migration, whether in an institutional, profit or non-profit setting;
- In-depth knowledge of the European Institutions and their workings;
- An existing network of decision-makers and other influential people working around European policy-making;
- Has a track record of representing organisations or topics at respected public forum;
- Has demonstrated commitment to social change.
- To translate and contextualise the most impactful solutions pioneered by our fellows into policy proposals that fall within the realm of European policy;
- Work alongside social entrepreneurs to accompany them in their journey to influence policy, budget allocations, communication around migrants, refugees and asylum seekers;
- To help Ashoka colleagues understand and navigate the key dynamics and key players influencing policy-making and budget allocations at the EU level .
The successful candidate will be working within the Brussels office but in coordination with colleagues around Europe and beyond.
Initially a 12 month part-time role of approximately 20 hours per week (working flexibly). Candidates interested in a full-time position should not be discouraged from applying as other opportunities for blended work may come up. This role also has the potential to expand over time.
Depending on experience. Ashoka uses salary scales in line with industry standards. More information available during interviews.
*candidates with a migration background are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Belgium to apply for this role.
The application deadline is 17:00 on Thursday April 25th
Learn more at http://www.hello-europe.eu/