Advanced Spanish Test Prep Tutor
ONLINE ADVANCED SPANISH TUTOR
The test-taking process is often stressful, for both students and their parents. ArborBridge tutors are an elite class of educators who bring a combination of expertise, enthusiasm, and organization to their work, breaking down complex ideas and ensuring that students (and their families) are well supported in the standardized testing process, from beginning to end.
We are lucky to work with a dynamic team of tutors who excel at building genuine relationships with families and confidently guiding students toward their academic and test-taking goals. We are looking for tutors who want to join our tight-knit team and contribute to the success of students around the world.
To thrive in ArborBridge’s Spanish tutor position, it’s helpful if you are…
An Advanced Spanish Expert.
You have formal experience tutoring the AP Spanish and SAT Spanish subject tests. You know the tests in and out and can confidently answer any student or parent question. You have a proven track record of helping students achieve outstanding score improvements, and families who work with you sing your praises. You are truly on the forefront of test preparation and enjoy keeping yourself up to date on changes to the exams and the test-taking process.
An Engaging and Effective Educator.
Education is your passion, and private, one-on-one online tutoring is your ideal method for providing a top-notch experience for your students and their families. You’re not interested in on-demand homework help. Instead, you are an expert at creating a personalized tutoring program and you like to look at the big picture: You map out personalized lesson plans, solidify practice test timelines, identify the right amount of homework, and propose the ideal meeting schedule to help your students reach their goals. You understand that building relationships with your students and their families is a key part of the process, and you can adapt to various needs with ease.
A Quick and Thorough Communicator.
You also understand that part of building relationships is being a reliable and clear communicator. You make it a priority to respond to phone calls and emails from parents, students, and your ArborBridge colleagues in a quick and thorough manner. You never leave anyone hanging more than 24 hours, and you’re obsessive about updating your calendar and keeping track of your to-do list. You know that excellent communication = excellent customer service, and you strive to provide the very best.
An Organized and Proactive Problem-Solver.
You remember well how stressful the test-taking process can be, and you are always thinking of ways you can ease the burden for your clients. You’re adept at spotting potential problems in a program from a mile away and proactive about addressing them as soon as possible. If you get a message from a concerned parent or a colleague who needs your input on a program, you are quick to respond and prepared to offer multiple solutions.
How your skills and passion come to life at ArborBridge:
- Privately tutoring students around the world via Zoom, an online video conferencing platform
- Creating personalized test prep plans for each student
- Setting consistent instructional and practice exam schedules for each student, with the goal of making steady progress leading up to a specific test date
- Writing lesson notes after each meeting with a student, updating parents on the student’s progress
- Assigning appropriate amounts of homework between lessons
- Establishing genuine relationships with your students, their families, and ArborBridge employees
- Communicating regularly with program managers, instruction managers, directors of tutoring, operational staff, and other colleagues at ArborBridge to ensure that students receive maximum support and each program runs smoothly
What you’ve accomplished:
- At least 1 year of formal Spanish tutoring experience
- Deep knowledge of both AP Spanish and SAT Spanish subject test.
- Proven track record of significant score improvements for students completing AP Spanish and SAT Spanish exams
- Ability to deliver world-class customer service to affluent domestic and international families with high expectations
- Familiarity with online teaching tools
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
Compensation and benefits:
- $45 per hour for instructional time
- $11 per hour for administrative time (automatically added to paycheck at a rate of 20 minutes per instructional hour)
- No noncompete clause—you can work for other tutoring companies when you work for ArborBridge
- Work from home
- Flexible hours
- Professional development
- Opportunities for growth
This position requires approximately 5 hours of self-directed and manager-led training time, which is paid at our training rate of $15/hour.
ArborBridge is a premier test preparation company and tutoring firm, delivering one-on-one tutoring to students in more than 50 countries around the world. We specialize in SAT and ACT preparation and offer extensive tutoring for AP exams, SAT Subject Tests, ISEE and SSAT, graduate exams, and academic subjects. With the most sophisticated diagnostic algorithm in the industry and more individual lesson plans than any other company, ArborBridge is the most highly customized and efficient platform on the market. Our elite tutors meet with students online and in-person and build programs around individual needs, making the most of time and maximizing learning.