SAT & ACT Tutor in London
ArborBridge is a premier test preparation company and tutoring firm, delivering one-on-one tutoring to students in more than 50 countries around the world. We specialize in SAT and ACT preparation and offer extensive tutoring for AP exams, SAT Subject Tests, ISEE and SSAT, graduate exams, and academic subjects. With the most sophisticated diagnostic algorithm in the industry and more individual lesson plans than any other company, ArborBridge is the most highly customized and efficient platform on the market. Our elite tutors meet with students online and in-person and build programs around individual needs, making the most of time and maximizing learning.
We are currently hiring in-person SAT & ACT tutors in London. To be considered, candidates must have at least one year of SAT and ACT tutoring experience, as well as a reliable mode of transportation and the ability to travel around London for tutoring assignments. Qualified candidate must be a U.S. citizen and must have a U.S. bank account.
A typical commitment to one student ranges from 2 to 6 hours per week. We are primarily looking for tutors who will be able to take on multiple students and can commit to a total of 10 or more hours per week, with at least one weekend day available. Tutors determine their own programs and schedules, and tutoring takes place in the student's home or online.
Besides our traditional in-person 1:1 service in London, families have the option of online instruction using our online tutoring platform. In order to be considered for distance learning, candidates MUST possess the following:
- Experience with web conference technology
- A computer with a webcam
- Reliable access to a high-speed internet connection
- Private online tutoring of students, at least 10 hours a week
- Complete command of the ArborBridge SAT and ACT curricula, as well as mastery of standardized exams and academic subjects taught
- Professional and on-time completion of administrative tasks, such as logging lesson notes, preparing for sessions, and communicating with families
- Bachelor's degree from a top university
- Minimum commitment of one year
- Ability to travel around London for tutoring assignments
- At least one year of experience as an SAT/ACT tutor
- Deep knowledge of the SAT/ACT and US standardized tests
- Passion for education
- Exceptional writing and emailing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills and strong verbal communication ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to tutor AP math and/or science subjects is preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay: $45/hour, plus pay for administrative and travel time
- Flexible hours: You set your own schedule
- Opportunity for growth: ArborBridge is a quickly growing company, and the majority of full-time hires from the last year have come from our existing tutor pool.
- Professional development: ArborBridge's internal staff is made up of some of the most experienced educators in the world. You will become a better tutor and educator by working at ArborBridge.
- Support: You are never alone as a tutor with ArborBridge. In addition to working with the internal staff on how to best educate your students, ArborBridge creates and fosters a close-knit tutor community.