APCO Insight®, the research and strategy consultancy within the global communications firm APCO Worldwide, is seeking a motivated, inquisitive team-player to join its team in Washington DC as a Research Assistant (Project Assistant).
While APCO Worldwide is approximately 650 people globally, this position would be to join APCO Insight, a team of about 20 research professionals who work in collaboration with our communications colleagues worldwide. We work with many of the world’s leading companies, associations, nonprofits and public-sector organizations on a diverse range of challenges. Our core research capabilities include: reputation management and corporate communications strategy, issues management and message testing, and thought leadership (public release) research.
- Provide day-to-day support of opinion research projects – primarily quantitative survey research but also involving focus groups, in-depth interviews, and digital/social research
- Clean, code, and manipulate survey datasets
- Conduct analysis on survey data including frequencies, cross-tabulation, and significance testing
- Manage qualitative research recruitment and focus group coordination
- Use digital research tools to analyze the conversation landscape and identify target audiences and influencers
- Develop charts and reports in PowerPoint
- Ensure data and reporting quality
- 0 - 2 years of relevant research experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics, strong analytical skills
- Proficient with SAS, SPSS or other comparable program
- Familiarity with digital and social media research tools such as Quid, Brandwatch or similar programs
- Able to multi-task, strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent PowerPoint & Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" 2017 “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.