Associate Director, Global Marketing & Communications
We have an immediate opening for a Associate Director, Global Marketing and Communications. The position is an integral part of our global marketing and communications team – helping to lead positioning, communications, brand management and marketing for the firm globally under the direction of the Senior Director of Global Marketing and Communications. The role will manage activities and communications to build APCO’s brand around the world.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Play an integral role in developing and implementing APCO’s global marketing strategy to drive global goals for brand visibility that align with the company’s strategic priorities and three-year plan
- Lead the development and production of global marketing materials, including:
- Overseeing the creation of all printed, digital marketing and advertising campaigns and materials
- Identifying and drafting written case studies for the website and printed materials
- Directing and coordinating video case studies for key client work and global corporate videos
- Identifying, reviewing and overseeing all award submissions globally for the company’s work with clients, key people and company
- Manage and oversee complex global projects, including proactive initiatives and go-to-market strategies for new offerings and door-openers
- Lead and organize APCO seminars, events, dinners and meetings around issue topics that would interest prospective or existing clients
- Evaluate and manage global event and sponsorship participation with third party organizations and maximize the impact of the company’s participation
- Develop and implement a global advertising plan to support the global marketing strategy
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Business Development to ensure our marketing strategy and activities globally support our immediate business development priorities and help generate leads
- Coordinate with the Global Media Relations manager to identify and support thought leadership and media opportunities for APCO’s senior team members, aligning with the company’s marketing strategy
- Utilize the company’s web and social media channels to promote marketing activity aligned with the company’s overall strategy, working closely with the Director, Global Marketing who leads our online presence
- Facilitate information sharing between offices and regions by maintaining materials archives and samples of work on company intranet, and facilitate communications about developments through appropriate internal communications channels
- Support other marketing and communications activities as needed
- Become an expert on APCO’s team and experience globally
- Line manage, mentor and train junior member (s) of the team as necessary
- Develop and implement data-driven reports to demonstrate ROI of marketing investments for the company
- Fluency in English required with superior writing and editing skills; knowledge of other languages and/or international experience a plus
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 8+ years of experience in a marketing and communications role; BA/BS in a related field; strong strategic thinking; organization and project management skills; expert written, editing and oral communications skills; attention to detail; an understanding of and keen interest in global affairs and issues; strong research and analytical skills; and a creative and innovative mindset to drive new ideas for promoting the APCO brand. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is also required along with high proficiency writing in AP style. The ideal candidate will also have familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); Sugar Market (or a similar email management system); and experience shooting and directing video content.
The position also requires the ability to understand, translate and drive the company’s messaging to global markets; apply writing style and techniques appropriate for different audiences; interact tactfully and effectively with other professionals; understand and interpret new and complex concepts and information applicable to assigned projects and responsibilities; and maintain confidentiality.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.