APCO Worldwide’s Washington, D.C., office is looking to hire a Consultant to join its digital team. By joining our DC team, you will be joining colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
Digital strategists partner with colleagues and clients across the network to develop, launch and optimize their digital business strategies. Our digital strategy group is a collaborative unit that works across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, sustainability and corporate responsibility, media relations, stakeholder engagement and creative and technology teams.
Strategists have a passion for turning insight into big, bold ideas. We’re looking for communicators, strategists, planners who understand how to use digital research tools to gain and validate audience and environment insights and how to combine those insights with digital trends to inform a communications strategy.
- Collaborate on and execute day-to-day client project work and produce quality client deliverables
- Direct and manage junior staff in the execution of appropriate digital activities
- Support business development, especially the integration of digital to proposals and pitches
- Provide counsel to clients in the form of memos and presentations
- Contribute to digital strategy engagements with a strong focus on analytics, meaningful digital experiences and well-coordinated influencer engagement
- Develop research queries and analyze resulting data to produce novel, informed ways of addressing a client’s questions and/or of accessing consumer opinion
- Devise audience-specific insights, particularly regarding unique behaviors, preferences and attitudes/perceptions in order to build audience profiles/personas and develop successful strategy or programming for reaching each audience
- Conduct research using digital and analytic tools and synthesize data from multiple channels or activation streams to inform a clear point of view on implications for future program or campaign activities
- Develop integrated content strategies and narratives that demonstrate a robust understanding of digital and social media platforms, target audiences and measurement
- Develop advertising and amplification strategies with a strong understanding of paid social media campaigns, sponsored content, and influencer identification and management
- Demonstrate experience and a passion for the digital media tech landscape including social media platforms and digital analytics, monitoring and research tools
- Work cross-functionally with other strategy colleagues, client partners, discipline leads, and other internal partners
- Partner with client services to help grow key large accounts and ensure client satisfaction by identifying and presenting solutions for key strategic challenge(s) and business, communications and digital needs to be addressed
- Play an active role in brainstorm meetings, challenging convention by creating and innovating and presenting new campaign ideas
- Maintain self-driven passion and curiosity to stay abreast of current industry trends affecting clients, and be able to analyze and make strategic recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding both identified and emerging issues
The successful candidate should be ready to:
- Support our high profile, globally recognized corporate and non-profit clients
- Provide top client service
- Produce thoughtful, well-written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Actively participate in internal and client meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Offer creativity and can-do practicality
- Support strategy development for client campaigns
- Enjoy engaging with a variety of different people and stakeholders
- Engage in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- 4-6 years of experience in a digital environment, ideally in consulting, business development or strategy
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to apply research insights to strategy development
- Successful track record of delivering strategically thoughtful projects that deliver measurable impact
- Strong capabilities in PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Willingness to mentor and train staff at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.