Assistant Account Executive/ Project Assistant
Do you have what it takes to join the APCO+ team?
APCO+ is a team based in our headquarters in Washington, DC that is comprised entirely of entry-level professionals. As a member of APCO+ you’ll spend a year learning about the core facets of PR such as advertising, media relations, digital and social media, writing, research, design, new business and more. You’ll be encouraged to work on and across a variety of accounts and projects in all of our practice areas such as healthcare, crisis, public affairs, and government relations to uncover your passions and carve out your career path.
What sets APCO+ apart is that a spirit of collaboration is at the center of our team. We believe that if one of us succeeds, we all succeed.
• Gathering information and secondary research as requested
• Managing lists involved in account activity
• Coordinating distribution of materials and collating kits and packages for staff and clients
• Documenting and tracking of account activity such as conference reports, account status reports, etc.
• Work can also include some direct client contact
• Other similar duties as assigned
The program also includes:
• One-on-one guidance about your career path at APCO
• Access to mentors and global buddies to ensure you feel welcome and part of the global APCO family
• Informal lunches and coffees with senior level executives to talk about their work and role at APCO
• Weekly trainings on topics relevant to the industry
• 1-2 successful internships or 1 year at a prior public relations agency or in-house
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communication, journalism, public relations or related field
• Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
• Keen interest in, and opinions on current affairs, public policy and media
• Strong capabilities in PowerPoint
• Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
• Digital/social media fluency
• Bachelor’s degree; some relevant professional or intern experience
• Good basic writing ability
• Good basic verbal skills
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to organize and multi-task project requests
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently; positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service.
We’re constantly looking for smart, dynamic, curious and engaging college graduates to join our team. Think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply today.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Are you ready to challenge convention and challenge yourself?