We’re actively seeking a UX Strategist to join the Insights and Innovation Department in the Experience Division!
UX Strategist Core Job Responsibilities
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on all-source data to gain a holistic understanding of the AMA customer experience and translates these findings into actionable user stories based on customer needs. This includes fielding surveys, interviewing customers, and reviewing other data sources.
- Leads the innovation process, including evaluating new concepts, facilitating design sprints, prototypes, pilots, betas, or other innovation tests, and preparing recommendations for future action.
- Assesses the innovation risk and expected return for new concepts using the Business Model Canvas or similar frameworks.
- Monitors performance, innovation risk and strategic fit of AMA’s entire offering portfolio on an ongoing basis using Business Model Canvas or other similar frameworks.
- Prepares presentations and clearly communicates findings from research and data analysis to key stakeholders and Executive Team.
- Provides support and guidance to AMA staff as they translate data-based insights into action.
- Establishes strong working relationships throughout the AMA Support Center and works in a collaborative manner to achieve goals.
- Completes other special projects as assigned.
What You Have
- 2 to 3 years of professional work experience in UX, customer experience, product management, program management, business strategy, digital marketing, or related fields.
- Experience using design thinking and customer experience research techniques, such as customer journey mapping, structured brainstorms, design sprints, user story creation, prototyping, wireframing, usability testing, etc.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Experience collecting and assessing customer experience and user behavior data through interviews, surveys, web analytics, etc.
- Creative, pro-active, scrappy problem solver who’s comfortable working in a fluid and evolving strategic environment
- Professional, positive, and outgoing demeanor with good judgment, a learning mindset, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a willingness to adapt to shifting priorities.
What You May Also Have
- Prior experience with Salesforce reporting, Qualtrics, Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with design sprints, designing pilots/beta tests.
- Background in graphic or digital design.
- Experience in survey design and deployment for CSAT, NPS, or other customer satisfaction metrics.
What You’ll Get
- The rare opportunity to play a key role in the digital transformation of an 80+ year old legacy brand into a modern, digital platform.
- Experience taking concepts from idea to execution, including data analytics, design sprints, and concept testing
- Work-life balance with summer hours, generous paid holiday schedule, paid volunteer time off and flexible work arrangements.
- Cool work environment with casual dress, social and employee appreciation events, and Fresh Fruit Mondays.
- Gym membership to the Pru Powerhouse.
- Comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package.
Please note that this role sits in our Chicago office. We are not considering remote employees for this role.
The Innovation and Insights Team and the AMA
The Innovation & Insights Department is on a mission to understand our customers and figure out new ways to delight them. We think we have the best job at AMA since we’re all about finding new ways to improve the customer’s experience! We’re dynamic, friendly, and scrappy problem-solvers who are enthusiastic about data-driven insights.
At the American Marketing Association (AMA), we’re striving to be the most relevant voice shaping marketing around the world. Our passion and dedication to uncovering the next best practices in marketing, paired with our core values of being curious, courageous, grateful, joyful, customer-centric and stakeholder-sensitive, are the backbone of our motivated and energetic team. Together, we serve a community of more than 445,000 people who work, teach and study in the field of marketing.
For more information, please visit our website, AMA.org.