Director IT Transformation Services
Company and Team Overview
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in building value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We grow with our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results.
IT Transformation consultants sit within the overarching Digital team to provide independent, senior-level expertise that enables executives to drive value from Technology and as a result to improve business performance.
The Director, IT Transformation will join a team of experienced professionals who have previously held senior Technology roles in large corporates.
The depth of our colleagues’ experience enables us to exert a rapid and sustainable impact across:
- Digital and Technology strategy development, operating model, capability and governance design
- Product strategy and innovation, assisting our clients with the strategy and execution of growing the digital capability of their products and services
- IT cost reduction, IT outsourcing and end to end IT Transformation
- IT platform/systems/infrastructure review, re-platforming, rationalization and consolidation activities
- IT due diligence, carve-out, and merger integration planning and execution
- IT crisis management, interim IT leadership roles, and project turnaround
Digital Directors lead and/or co-lead our small, focused teams in delivering projects. They work closely with MDs to ensure the successful delivery of all elements of client engagements and often collaboratively with the Directors across other areas of AlixPartners. They will sometimes work across a small number of projects at any given time bringing a flexible and adaptable approach.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead large and high complexity projects from inception to completion, via small teams in a highly collaborative nature with the client
- Deliver advanced technical and consulting expertise in the following IT areas:
- Strategy, due diligence, general technology assessments, strategic architecture, operating model, cost modelling and cost reduction, turnaround of large scale “troubled” projects and company separation (carve-out) or integration (merger) projects
- Deliver memorable results to internal and external clients based on experience, a hands-on approach, and efficiency in driving outcomes.
- Be recognized as a go-to person for specific technical/industry/functional knowledge. Continuously develop individual skills, capabilities, and knowledge.
- Continuously improve and innovate internally and externally. Stay ahead of client, Firm, and market demands. Develop intellectual capital and compelling service offerings. Improve processes, create practical tools and build infrastructure
- Support the recruitment of top performers and inspire others to join the Firm. Invest time in colleagues, provides honest feedback, and shares knowledge.
- Serve as an ambassador of the AlixPartners brand. Develop business opportunities and build sustainable relationships. Demonstrate a service mentality. Work diligently to anticipate client needs, develop and implement solutions, and exceed expectations
Background and Qualifications
- Engineering, Information Systems, IT or equivalent degree. MBA or Master’s degree preferred, but valid experience in conjunction with a Bachelor’s degree - in lieu of a graduate degree - will be considered.
- A minimum of 15 years of applicable professional IT in-house or consulting experience.
- You have in depth technical knowledge and experience of at least one IT area listed in the “Key responsibilities and accountabilities” section and a good level of proven expertise across several of the others.
- You have experience running major projects and programmes with significant strategic and bottom line impact.
- You are proficient in delivering engagements of all sizes, from inception through to completion.
- You have excellent communication and presentation capabilities, with knowledge of presentation tools, including PowerPoint and Visio.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100% of the time Monday - Friday
- Knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- Current citizenship; passport holder and/or work authorization in EMEA. Applicants need to have their own documents or work permits in place that enable them to travel and work across the European Union.
- You are adaptable and proficient with change in a practical environment
- You show a real passion for driving IT effectiveness and enabling clients to achieve their business objectives.
- A highly solution-focused approach coupled with commercial and strategic understanding.
- A strong motivation to discover and learn new develop your knowledge in a way that can improve the quality of our work.
- You are comfortable in delivering expertise in critical and urgent situations, requiring rapid improvement.
- A highly collaborative approach with the ability to develop consensus from a wide range of partners
- Focussed on achieving success in individual and team projects
- You possess strong attention to detail, and produce clear and accurate written outputs
- You act as a positive role model, developing self and others through coaching and informal feedback
We are a European practice so this role may involve working for short periods at other AlixPartners’ UK and European offices and providing assistance at client sites, both in the UK and abroad. Flexibility will therefore be required.
Working Across the EU: Applicants need to have their own documents or work permits in place that enable them to travel and work across the European Union.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.