Audio Producer - Jetty.fm
Jetty is an audio-first media brand from Al Jazeera. We connect listeners around the world with podcasts that are engaging, challenging, and consequential.
The Producer of Audio will help develop a new international news podcast for Al Jazeera. You will work with a production team primarily based in Washington DC, and with field reporters around the world.
The Producer brings a reporter’s curiosity and an editor’s sensibility to producing podcasts.This role supports the EP and Senior Producer(s) in developing new shows and series from conception to air, setting up and implementing the necessary production and creative workflows, and following direction to ensure quality control on output.
- Book guests, perform pre-interviews, prep hosts and producers
- Transcribe and cut interviews
- Write scripts
- Collaborate across Al Jazeera teams including AJE, Planning, Engagement, and Audience Development
- Revise all relevant scripts/productions/commissions
- Meet deadlines
- Ensure high production and editorial values
- Work with Executive Producer/Senior Producer to review content and presenter performance
- Perform other duties as requested, attend events and conferences as required
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Proven experience in podcast or radio production
- At least 4 years experience in editorial roles
- A proven track record of success
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Skills in audio editing, recording, and mixing
- Outstanding ability to write and copy edit all content
- A broad understanding of current global news trends and issues, excellent editorial judgment of global issues
- Creative and practical audio editing skills (Pro Tools preferred)
This full time position is based in Washington, DC.