Executive Audio Producer - Jetty.fm
As the Executive Producer of Audio at Jetty you will lead the development of a major new podcast initiative for Al Jazeera. You will build and manage a team of producers primarily based in Washington DC.
The Executive Producer is responsible for developing and articulating editorial vision, working with news bureaus around the world, setting up production workflows, and ensuring the highest journalistic and production quality.
Jetty, Al Jazeera’s audio team, has produced award winning, provocative, and entertaining podcasts since launching in late 2017. We’re looking for a bold, globally-minded leader who will continue to push the podcast medium forward.
- Manage development and production of a weekly international news show
- Build and lead production team
- Collaborate across Al Jazeera teams including AJE, Planning, Engagement, and Audience Development
- Revise and finalize all relevant scripts/productions/commissions
- Run meetings, make assignments and set deadlines
- Establish a structured environment for creative work
- Ensure alignment with Al Jazeera editorial guidelines and mission
- Ensure high production and editorial values
- Mentor and encourage staff development
- Work with presenters to define voice and tone of shows
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience in podcast or radio production
- Experience managing a production team
- At least 10 years experience in editorial roles, especially in international reporting
- A proven track record of success
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Solid presentation/pitching skills
- Ability to initiate and plan large scale projects
- Manage teams of editorial staff
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Skills in audio editing, recording, and mixing
- Outstanding ability to write and copy edit all content
- A broad understanding of current global news trends and issues, excellent editorial judgment of global issues
- Creative and practical audio editing skills (Pro Tools preferred)
This full time position is based in Washington, DC.
Please include a cover letter and resume in your application.