Job Purpose Summary:
Senior Specialist - Ingest requires to be in direct liaison with news and programme teams having full overview of all incoming baseband feeds into the program asset management system and media asset management system.
He/She requires to have full knowledge of all ingest tools and workflows, port prioritization, operating multi-format VTR, video routing, managing recording schedules of incoming feeds. The responsibility also includes playback to galleries and tape/dics duplications.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Ensure following the workflows and processes in the ingest area as per the applied standards.
- Supporting Ingest duties on shift communicating with newsroom producers, programme producers, galleries and MCR.
- Maintain quality, timely recording of schedules, proper usage of ingesting systems and VTR in the ingest area.
- Monitor all live baseband ingests, fed packages from fields and live events and reviewing the quality as it arrives.
- Support supervisor in maintaining all business continuity systems are up to date and apply disaster recovery procedures when required.
- Recognize issues early and escalate to Supervisor and Head of Media Management and appropriate teams.
- Support in documenting all workflows, policies and procedures and aligning to the centralized approach across the network.
- Required support the supervisor in training and coaching the juniors in the team.
- Degree in Media and Journalism, Communications, Broadcast Operations, or related field Diplomas
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a technical or file based broadcast environment. A demonstrable interest in News & Current Affairs.