Captivate is looking for a Software Developer to join our Engineering team in Lowell, MA. The Software Developer is a technical role tasked with developing application solutions that are robust, scalable, reusable, and maintainable. The individual in the role brings knowledge of modern programming languages and software development best practices. The result is high quality software delivered in rapid intervals that meets Captivate’s business requirements. If you are looking to grow your career within a media and technology environment, we would like to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
- Write useful software by taking project requirements and transposing them into code
- Test and verifying the execution of code in order to ensure it fulfills the function and technical requested requirements
- Troubleshoot, adjust, and support existing applications
- Communicate with the overall team during all phases of an application’s life cycle
- Keep up to date with current trends in computing, application architecture, and cloud computing services.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating and maintaining standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Review support requests and identify opportunities for preventing common issues.
- Periodically evaluate code and systems for potential improvements and offer automation and tools that can be integrated into existing systems and new initiatives.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Physics, or related fields
- A minimum of 2 years of C++ Programming Language experience
- A minimum of 2 years of C# Programming Language experience
- A minimum of 2 years T-SQL Programming with Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Experience across multiple areas: e.g. Front/Back-End, Test, Tools, Analytics
- Building APIs for customers and/or external partners
- Scaling systems handling millions of daily requests
- Hybrid data architectures (e.g. SQL, no-SQL, Big Data)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of brands and agencies in digital or traditional media
- A balance of pragmatism and passion for technical excellence
- Support for a culture of agility, integrated DevOps
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs offered through Cigna. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and provides employees the opportunity to make an impact, through employer gift match programs & volunteer opportunities.
Behind the screens of Captivate are real people. Check out our Employee Spotlight page!