As a member of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team you will be responsible to monitor the health of the Captivate network and proactively identify and solve network problems. The NOC is Captivate’s primary call center for customers to report trouble on the network and you will be part of a 6-person team taking trouble calls and monitoring the network. The NOC is also the interface for Captivate Field Technicians, production staff, content suppliers and building managers in the technical problem-solving process.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Take calls from customers, field technicians, employees concerning network trouble or repair.
- Monitor the Captivate production network.
- Coordinate resolution of production network issues.
- Perform initial research and diagnostics of network issues using the CRM system to open, update, reassign and close trouble tickets.
- Communicate directly with customers as necessary.
- Perform remote maintenance and upgrades on network equipment.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills. Since this is not a PC or LAN support or help desk position, we are not looking for CAN, A+, etc. types of certifications.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate technical issues and solutions to non-technical people.
- The ability to function in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with a structured trouble ticket system.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, modems, routers, CSU, DSU, wireless access points and clients plus a firm knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and tools.
- Strong knowledge of basic data communications.
- Experience in a NOC and a good grasp of networking technologies will be plusses.
- 1 - 2 years of network troubleshooting experience is preferred.
- Ability to work the 10am – 7pm shift
- A lover of technology who excels at network design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- An excellent communicator, both oral and written, with an understanding of programming concepts, operating systems and/or networking.
- Supportive of a culture of continuous process and organizational improvement.
- Flexible with a willingness to adapt and to learn new technology
Please Note: This is not a PC or LAN support or help desk role.
Why You Should Work at Captivate:
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs offered through Cigna. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and provides employees the opportunity to make an impact, through employer gift match programs & volunteer opportunities.
Behind the screens of Captivate are real people. Check out our Employee Spotlight page!
Connect with us on social media!