Associate News Editor
As an Associate News Editor, you will spend your days immersed in the news, researching and producing engaging content for Captivate’s network of digital screens in office elevators and lobbies. Your purpose will be to empower busy professionals with actionable information throughout their work day. If you’re a news junkie looking to exercise your editing skills in the digital space, this may be an excellent career step for you. You can make a difference in our fun, dynamic and hardworking office culture.
What You'll Do:
- Comb our content providers’ websites for fresh, compelling and relevant content, and edit the info into easily digestible news nuggets for our digital space.
- Maintain Captivate’s voice and style.
- Research upcoming events for our top local markets.
- Brainstorm and develop sponsorable content for advertisers.
- Promote content across our social channels.
- Cultivate creativity, as there will be opportunities to develop original interactive programming features.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- At least 1 year of editorial experience on any platform that demonstrates familiarity with AP style
- Strong copyediting skills, sound news judgment and an ability to produce accurate and concise copy
- Understanding of news writing, journalism ethics and story structure
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Available to work a daily shift of 10 am-7 pm
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs offered through Cigna. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and provides employees the opportunity to make an impact, through employer gift match programs & volunteer opportunities.
Behind the screens of Captivate are real people. Check out our Employee Spotlight page!