Head Groundskeeper - Durham Athletic Park
We are hiring for a Head Groundskeeper at the Historic Durham Athletic Park. This is a full-time, year-round position. Durham Athletic Park hosts collegiate teams, local high schools, summer showcase travel tournaments, and numerous other special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Head Groundskeeper will supervise staff to maintain the playing field, manage and assist with game day maintenance duties associated with all aspects of field care at Durham Athletic Park. Maintain playing field up to high standards. Pre and post-game activities for all games. Supervise field during special events and concerts.
- 3 years professional baseball experience in turf management is preferred
- Management experience and working knowledge of turf equipment and athletic field procedures including pre and post-game activities required
- Working knowledge of hybrid Bermuda turf diseases and culture, including, but not limited to: Over-seeding, Top Dressing, and Sod Repair required.
- Associate's degree or higher in turf management strongly preferred
- A positive attitude
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- A team player who can work with others toward common goals
- The capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record required
Must be flexible, adjusting to field and weather conditions. This position requires availability to work all home games which includes holidays, evenings, and weekends.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Bend and stoop continuously. Push, pull, and run. Work outside in all weather conditions. Work in an environment around pollen, poison ivy, insects, and other elements. Wear ear and eye protection as required.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAZ-TV, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WNGT-CD, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, WRAL Digital and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Coastal Plain League in Durham, NC; The Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC