Assistant Maintenance Mechanic (Rotating Shifts)
Person needed to perform a wide variety of maintenance functions required to maintain commercial, retail, and residential properties at Rocky Mount Mills. Duties include:
- Complete assigned maintenance repairs on buildings and grounds including but not limited to:
- Landscape maintenance, ability/experience operating landscaping equipment
- Plumbing fixture repair
- Drywall repair
- Doors and hardware
- Office fixture installations and moves
- Small electrical repairs
- Other trade supports as needed
- Develop a skill level in at least one of the above building trades.
- Outdoor maintenance and janitorial duties of commercial, retail, and residential properties including but not limited to blowers, pressure washing, roof and gutter maintenance, trash pickup and disposal.
- Assist in emergencies as needed.
- Learn, understand and comply with all fire, safety and other emergency practices.
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, requires a rotation of evening hours. The successful candidate must have the ability to work well under pressure; have good communication and customer service skills, responding courteously to questions and requests.
Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty-five (25) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance; be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, carry objects, and crawl in confined areas, and outside in all weather conditions.
This person must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, mechanical equipment and measuring devices, and have basic electrical knowledge. Multi-family property management experience preferred. A valid driver’s license with clean driving record, high school diploma or equivalent are required.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.