Director of Strategy and Innovation
We are looking for a Director of Strategy and Innovation to serve as a major contributor to our business development initiatives and product roadmap. This candidate will champion our technology growth objectives and function as a transformational leader within our organization. This position will lead the effort in researching and investigating new technologies, market changes, and customer requirements. In addition, this role will lead our product development team in support of our product lifecycle management initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead strategy and innovation efforts, product ideation, marketing strategy, and large-scale strategic initiatives across satellite and broadcast markets, focused on accelerating growth and aligning strategic priorities with the needs and priorities of our customers
- Collaborate and consult with customers, vendors, and enterprise partners to help shape segment strategies, drive continuous growth opportunity assessments, and evaluate market direction
- Lead go-to-market strategies, including customer segmentation efforts that inform go-to-market and marketing strategies
- Drive potential partnership opportunities that influence our competing position and ability to provide end-to-end solutions
- Provide guidance and direction in the development and management of select product innovation processes and innovative product ideas, including identification of potential partners, contracting, due diligence and creation and assessment of business cases to support initiatives
- Partner with internal stakeholders, customers, and supporting partners to monitor product portfolio performance and ensure benefits, KPIs, milestones, and outcomes are realized
- Travel as necessary to tradeshows, customer locations, and other areas in support of sales, technical support, customer management, and business development
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise, industry knowledge, and business acumen as it relates to primary duties and technology changes in the markets we serve
Required Skills & Experience
- A degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Broadcasting, Satellite Communications, or an IT-related discipline is required.
- Must have at least 8 years of experience supporting business strategy and development, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), project management, innovation, and product roadmap management.
- Must have at least 8 years of experience in these areas: satellite communications, networking and network security, IoT, broadcasting, cloud computing, and deploying new systems.
- Knowledge of technical infrastructures, including analog and digital satellite transmission systems, teleport operations, capacity planning, digital video encoding and processing, telco interfacing and IP standards for audio, data, and video transmissions.
- Working knowledge of government rules and regulations, such as FCC, OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Strong personal initiative and good business instincts.
- Moderate travel required.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.