Baseball Senior & Special Projects Accountant
The Durham Bulls are looking for an energetic, self-starter to join a dynamic team to handle all facets of accounting for the Durham Bulls, Bull City Hospitality, and Holly Springs Salamanders.
The ideal candidate will be one that thrives in a fast-paced environment with a natural curiosity to learn how all the systems work together. Position requires a strong attention to detail.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- GL Oversight
- Maintain a current account reconciliation for all balance sheet accounts
- Record necessary recurring entries
- Cash Management
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Review daily bank reports to ensure all entries are posted
- Food & Beverage Accounting
- Prepare revenue entries and necessary accruals for food & beverage operations
- Assist with physical inventory and post necessary adjustments to GL
- Sponsorship Accounting
- Work closely with sponsorship to prepare billing schedule and manage receivables
- Prepare monthly sales commission statements and aging statements
- Month End Close
- Review departmental expenses, record reclasses/accruals and prepare variance analysis
- Create and maintain excel models for department analysis
- Complete month end closing activities within established deadlines
- Manage seasonal interns
- Propose and drive process improvements
- Assist Business Manager with annual budget and special projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- 5-7 years of experience with general ledger accounting required
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Oracle experience
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.