News Engagement Editor
WRAL-TV and FOX 50, part of the broadcast arm of Capitol Broadcasting Company (CBC) in Raleigh, NC, has an immediate opening for a dynamic, passionate and experienced content creator to motivate, teach and lead our efforts across digital platforms, with a focus on social media.
He or she will lead the charge in engaging our audiences with our award-winning broadcast and digital content. The Engagement Editor will help coach and support our talent teams on multiple platforms, relying on analytics to guide tactics with an eye toward using headlines, video, images and copy that drive longer and more frequent visits and social interactions.
The Engagement Editor is a leader AND a creator, with demonstrated experience in Adobe Creative Suite, establishing standards and teaching best practices in the development and curation of engaging content that connects with our audience in a personalized and impactful way.
The successful candidate will work seamlessly with editorial, marketing and sales departments to distribute breaking news, to produce social marketing campaigns across multiple platforms and to contribute to our station community efforts.
The Engagement Editor will identify, track and communicate the social media KPIs behind a cohesive social strategy that drives referrals to our paid platforms. You will be expected to help support digital and television goals.
Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. The ability to work non-traditional hours and collaborate across divisions is key.
Must work closely with leadership teams to help maintain a consistent brand voice across social platforms.
We are market news leaders and expect to maintain our leadership presence in the social space. If you love storytelling through social, push yourself to the highest industry standards AND want to work with the best local television and digital teams in the country, we want to hear from you.
Your resume should include inks to work and/or demonstration reel and showcase the following:
- Deep understanding of local news, editorial content standards and storytelling
- Deep understanding of brand voice and social marketing
- Superior writing skills, specifically for social by platform
- Demonstrated success in driving digital referrals through social posts or campaigns
- Demonstrated success of creating social posts or campaigns with exceptional share metrics, including interactions.
- Proven execution of brand toolkits and guidelines.
- Understanding of television programming, including network and syndicator relationships.
- Hands on experience in “start-to-finish” social strategy, including: establishing campaign goals, tracking success and execution/reporting.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Local television experience a plus. Proven track record of working collaboratively across departments should be clearly explained in materials.
- Minimum of 5 years active digital media producing and/or managing
- Clear record of success in either a television, digital, marketing or media environment
- Current and contemporary knowledge of social ad sets and social advertising tools
- Firsthand, working knowledge of social and editorial reporting tools and metrics, such as Crowd Tangle, Topic Pulse, Chartbeat and Google Analytics
- Experience with creating and implementing interactive digital and social media campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift/carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
People come to WRAL-TV and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. We are based in Raleigh, NC, consistently named one of the best places to live in America.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.