Baseball Mascot – Wool E. Bull, Mascot for the Durham Bulls
This is a full-time position – Wool E. Bull, Mascot for the Durham Bulls. Looking for an energetic individual who works well with others and can engage with fans of all ages. He/she must be in strong physical condition to wear a multi-layer costume, endure high temperatures and perform for extended periods of time.
- Meet and greet fans prior to, during and after events.
- Maintain costume cleanliness and well-being
- The mascot performer will also be needed to perform at select team appearances and community events
- Create a fun and exciting experience for fans at Durham Bulls Athletic Park as the mascot.
- Take directions directly from the Marketing and Fan Engagement Coordinator.
- Performance/dance/acting background a plus, but not required
- Previous mascot experience a plus, but not required
- Reliable transportation
- Due to costume restrictions, candidates should be 5’10”- 6’1’ feet tall
- This position requires flexible availability to work various community events throughout the year, as well as some home games which includes holidays, evenings, and weekends.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.