TV National Sales Manager
WRAL-TV is looking for an experienced National Sales Manager. The ideal candidate must be an excellent negotiator in broadcast sales, strong account management experience, comprehend digital platforms and develop/maintain client relationships.
The NSM will develop and execute strategies to achieve national sales budget and/or share across multiple media platforms. We are looking for the right candidate who has a passion for winning and the competitiveness to create local relationships with national clients. We need someone to lead and inspire our Transactional Sales Team.
This position is responsible for developing and leading a transactional sales team, who is primarily focused on renewing and growing key accounts. The right candidate will want to travel and be the most visible National Sales Manager in the Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville market. A four year college degree is preferred or equivalent-related experience. 3-5 years of experience in television sales is required.
- 3-5 years of national sales and digital sales experience
- Highly skilled leader and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Proven record of exceeding budgeted revenue goals
- Exceptional time management and project management skills, especially working within a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Extensive experience working with high end advertisers, large-scale agencies, and national TV sales
- Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Nielsen ratings, Scarborough, Wide Orbit, ONE DOMAIN and Matrix is preferred
Other essential duties include:
- Set the overall tone for the transactional sales team by providing exemplary leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings and quarterly planning meetings with each Transactional Account Manager
- Clearly define Transactional Account Manager performance expectations and measurements
- Effectively on-board and train new hires
- Ensure client results, satisfaction, retention, and account growth
- Achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team sales goals
We’re locally-owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business.
We reward our employee’s contribution to our success with a compensation and benefits package that is among the best in the industry, focusing on the future and planning for retirement. A few of our benefits are listed below:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care
- 401K Retirement Plan
- NC 529 Plan
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.