Key Account Manager
Capitol Broadcasting Company is looking for a dynamic, energetic Account Manager for our WRAL and FOX50 sales team. The mission of the Account Manager is to grow market share by developing client/agency relationships, developing local contacts with key decision makers and providing clients with unprecedented client service.
Our ideal candidate will become fluent in our digital offerings and has experience negotiating with top advertisers. This role requires business development to achieve goals through the growth of a large agency list as well as by cultivating new business when necessary.
The successful candidate will be motivated, passionate, competitive, detail-oriented and has experience working with advertising agencies or in national sales. Team-work and adaptability are a must. Candidate should be a strong and accomplished seller, comfortable managing large scale accounts, and have a strong desire to help grow WRAL and FOX50’s market share.
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with high profile advertisers
- Ensure timely and successful delivery for client campaigns
- Identifying growth opportunities within existing accounts
- Establishing and maintaining strong professional relationships
- Providing a high level of customer satisfaction by exceeding client expectations and proactively anticipating their shifting needs
- Negotiating and closing all client renewals for assigned local, national and regional accounts
- Achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Maximize share of business for assigned local and national accounts
- Having a deep knowledge and understanding of all WRAL and FOX50’s offerings and processes
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organization and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple high end advertisers at a time while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Natural relationship builder
- Strong account management experience
- Broadcast media sales experience
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and match them with appropriate products and services
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Matrix is preferred
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit Programmatic preferred
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.