Accounts Manager Capitol B Creative Studios
The challenges that concern our prospects and partners are solvable. With innovative, data-inspired methods and an incredible team we serve as a compass with which to navigate the complexities of marketing and communications in an increasingly fragmented digital world. We subscribe to the mindsets of empathy, optimism, creative confidence, iteration, making, learning from failure, and embracing ambiguity. We believe that great outcomes don’t happen by chance but rather from an intersection of desirability, viability, and feasibility discerned with a heart for the people being served. We are a multidisciplinary team of strategists, business developers, advisors, and creatives.
We are Capitol B.
The Accounts Manager (AM) is responsible for driving growth across our agency portfolio. With a focus on upsell and renewal, the AM will oversee a substantial book of business while serving as a key stakeholder in the qualification and pursuit of new business. Serving high-value, comprehensive agency relationships, strategic partnerships, and executing strategic marketing campaigns the Accounts Manager is a multidisciplinary leader leveraging strong business acumen, coaching skills, and a high level of creative confidence to help Capitol B clients achieve success.
- Manage and grow existing client relationships while leveraging Capitol B’s capacity as a full-service agency to create custom, high impact marketing and communications campaigns for local, regional, and national clients.
- Meet or exceed sales and profitability quotas on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Work closely with relevant internal team members to provide outstanding account management while remaining poised to present frequent upsell and contract renewal opportunities attuned to achieving client goals and expectations.
- Collaborate with team to execute best in class needs analyses, scopes of work, proposals, presentations, and reporting – ultimately setting relationships and engagements up for long-term success.
- Maintain contacts and opportunities while tracking communications in a CRM database to support organizational relationship management.
- Elevate the profile of Capitol B Creative Studios by becoming engaged in strategic and thoughtful conversations in the current and emerging markets.
- Keep up with evolving AOR offerings, industry trends, and best practices, including utilization of new technology and web resources around prospecting and social selling.
- Maintain Awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing and develop effective approaches to competing and winning against these competitors
- Three or more years of experience with a proven track record of success in business development, sales, or fundraising.
- Experience selling digital marketing or professional service solutions for digital agencies or digital consultancies, upselling and renewing long-term, Agency of Record (AOR)-type relationships
- Significant North Carolina-based business relationships and personal network of senior marketing and sales decision-makers with ability to activate network to realize revenue goals
- Experience crafting and executing plans to upsell and retain high-value projects
- High capacity for leadership, collaboration, and team-building skills
- Demonstrated success leading complex projects toward desired results
- Able to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and listening skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Gives and receives feedback internally and externally in a constructive and respectful way
- Bachelor's degree required
Careers with WRAL Digital
We’re a locally owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. We reward our employees’ contribution to our success with a compensation and benefits package that is among the best in the industry, focusing on the future and planning for retirement. A few of our benefits are listed below:
- Free medical/dental/vision if you participate in our wellness plan
- Up to 11.5% from the company towards your retirement
- 148 Hours of PTO per year for your first 5 years
- 8 paid holidays
- 16 volunteer hours
- Tuition reimbursement
- Technology loan
- NC 529 Plan
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAZ-TV, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WNGT-CD, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, WRAL Digital and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and Coastal Plain League in Durham, NC; The Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.