Radio Account Executive
WCLY 95.7FM “That Station” is a unique AAA/Americana radio station launched almost a year ago as an app based, local radio station, and we’ve taken off in a big way. Our radio station breaks all the rules of “radio thinking.” If you’re an “out of the box” thinker that’s a good start, but we are “way out of the box.” There’s not another station like That Station and we are seeking a truly unique individual that can sell creative, innovative solutions to clients that solve their needs and fit the fabric of That Station. We’re not talking spots and dots here, this position is not for radio traditionalists.
This is a full-time role based in Raleigh, NC that reports to the station’s Sales Manager.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU…
- Have passion, belief and strong desire to sell a truly unique, groundbreaking station.
- Are a highly creative person that can generate ideas for sponsors that fit within the philosophy of what That Station is all about.
- You can handle rejection, “no,” unanswered emails and phone calls but are appropriately persistent.
- Take pride in exceptional customer service
- Specialize in building strong, mutually beneficial business relationships
- Set out to learn something new today
- Work hard, think fast and have fun
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience: You’ve successfully grown revenue by building and presenting creative solutions to accomplish your clients’ business goals.
- New business development: Strong desire to prospect and create new business opportunities across on-air, event and digital platforms.
- Proven track record of achieving overall monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals by staying proactive and designing specific plans to address/fill any shortfalls in advance.
- You’ve led by example and helped cultivate a positive, productive, successful working environment as a team player on any sales staff you were a part of.
A valid driver’s license with clean driving record and pre-employment drug screening are required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co., and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC; and Professional Builders Supply (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.