Sports Marketing Account Manager
Capitol Broadcasting Company is seeking a Sports Marketing Account Manager to drive revenue by creating customized solutions utilizing our unmatched sports marketing assets. You’ll leverage the power of sports and our many sports platforms to build marketing campaigns for local business.
Our sports assets include audio (podcasting + radio), television, digital, social media and more. We have a unique collection of premium brands and pride ourselves on offering best in class solutions and services for the three audiences that matter most: our partners, our fans, and our teammates.
The primary role of the Sports Marketing Account Manager is to develop long-term relationships with local area businesses by creating and selling successful, customized marketing solutions utilizing our portfolio of sports marketing assets. You will be responsible for account development, from prospecting new business to account growth. This will require a thorough knowledge of the Raleigh-Durham market as well as the solutions/services we provide, including ESPN Radio 99.9 The Fan, WRAL Sports+ Television, WRALSportsFan.com, High School OT and others.
- Identify, uncover, approach, and develop account opportunities
- Build relationships with local businesses and decision makers
- Master the complete portfolio of our sports assets and create successful, customized, multi-channel marketing presentations
- Continually educate yourself on media and new trends in the industry
- Network with local businesses to expand your sphere of influence in the market
- Conduct needs-analysis meetings and build solutions to solve uncovered objectives
Preferred knowledge, skills, and qualifications:
- Self-starter with passion for sales and service
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in outside sports marketing sales
- Strong network and relationships within the Triangle community
- Solid track record of consistent goal achievement in outside sales
- Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
- Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and multi-task
- Willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Familiarity with CRM tool and Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- This role has in-office essential functions. All teammates must adhere to Capitol Broadcasting Company’s current COVID-19 protocol.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.