Come be part of the team at Durham Bulls Athletic Park in Durham, NC - home of the Durham Bulls a Triple A affiliate of the Tampa Rays.
As a Sous Chef with The Durham Bulls, it will be your primary responsibility to execute cuisine that exceeds guest expectations and provide strong leadership while delivering cost goals and living our Company vision and values. Salary: $40,000.
- Ensures all catering services exceed guest expectations and profitability
- Executes menus in accordance to brand standards
- Maintains recipes to meet core standards
- Has location specific food and wine knowledge
- Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
- Regularly obtains feedback from clients and guests to improve operations
- Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
- Communicates client’s needs through timely and detailed written and verbal communications to ensure internal understanding / compliance and external guest’s expectation of services
- Supports and communicates Company initiatives
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, guests, subcontractors, not-for-profits and team members
- Supervises dishwashers, cooks, and seasonal/temporary kitchen staff
- Has strong attention to detail
- Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable systems.
- Practices proper product control and handling of all inventory and equipment
- Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
- Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved
- Employs good safety and sanitation practices
- Forecasts and adequately schedules team members to meet operational needs and desired targets
- Provides operational planning to ensure adequate products and equipment are ordered for anticipated business levels
- Ensures team members adhere to Company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and employee handbook
- Displays a positive attitude towards team members
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team
- Assists fellow team members when necessary
Required Experience/Job Requirements
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English
- English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Stamina to work 50 hours or more per week
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts on nights, weekends, and holidays
- Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone correspondence
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.