Real Estate Project Manager
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. (“CBC”) has an opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated project manager to join its growing real estate team in the Durham, NC office. CBC is a privately held diversified media company with a significant and growing real estate portfolio throughout the greater Triangle area.
For more than fifteen years, CBC has developed or invested in projects ranging from mixed-use, historic adaptive re-use to new ground-up, developments. CBC seeks to expand its real estate portfolio within the Triangle area through a combination of new developments and investments. The ideal candidate for the position will have the following experience and primary responsibilities:
- Manage Pre-Development Process including initial pricing, sourcing/selection of contractors, design professionals and consultants
- Provide support through entitlement process, including working closely with planners and local official.
- Prepare detailed project schedule and budget, including forecasting project cash flow and all critical milestones.
- Manage and control the coordination of individual schedules of each project consultant and vendor to ensure successful delivery and completion.
- Assist in investment committee presentations for prospective projects and investments.
- Provide support in CBC internal modeling and underwriting process to help achieve successful project and investment outcomes
- Lead weekly project meetings with contractors, architects, and engineers to ensure projects remain on schedule and on budget
- Coordinate project payment, inspections, and project closeout, including confirmation of Substantial Completion and any punch list items to be completed before project turnover.
The ideal candidate for the position must possess superior analytical, organizational as well as effective written, verbal and internal communication skills; be highly skilled with Microsoft Office including Excel; have strong attention to detail, superior work ethic, and initiative to tackle assignments and see them through to completion.
This individual must have the ability to effectively balance working within a team environment and working independently. A minimum of five years of experience in real estate project management, a Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or Real Estate, and a pre-employment drug screening are required.
EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.