Production Kitchen Supervisor Trainee - Bull City Hospitality at the Durham Bulls
Are you energetic, friendly, reliable, and FUN? Are you a team player who thrives in fast-paced work settings? If so, we want you to join America’s Favorite Minor League Team... the Durham Bulls!
Do you already have restaurant experience and want to learn a new aspect of the industry? Are you a culinary school student who wants real world experience in event catering? Do you want to put on your resume that you can successfully prepare for, and feed over 1000 people? Do you take pride in your work? If you do, we’re currently building our 2022 team, and would love to meet you.
Under the direction of the Catering Manager and Chef, you will be gaining knowledge in mass production, event planning/catering, and stadium operations. This is a seasonal (Feb-Oct) position that will send you off with the skill set to further your culinary career.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Even temperament with clean work habits and team building abilities are essential
- Hands-on experience with meats, fish, and poultry
- Ability to multi-task- Ability to train, direct, and motivate a diverse team
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Ensure products are prepared with a consistent, high-quality outcome by following recipes, and cooking techniques.
- Receiving orders, ensuring invoice accuracy.
- Following, and implementing HACCP procedures.
- Overall, be a team leader/player
- Assists fellow team members when necessary
- Ability to self-direct and work under pressure
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English
- English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts on nights, weekends, and holidays
- Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Servesafe Food Handler Certification
- Culinary Certification from of a two-year or four-year program, or 3 years of kitchen experience preferred.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.