Senior Multiplatform Producer
WRAL seeking a seasoned journalist with excellent judgment and an unquenchable sense of urgency to run breaking and day-to-day coverage on our digital platforms.
The Senior Multiplatform Producer is a leader on the digital content team, assuring that WRAL’s audiences on the Web, mobile, TV, app and social media can quickly and easily access and interact with the top local stories of the day.
* Keep news fresh across all CBC sites (WRAL.com, WRALSportsFan.com, wraltechwire.com and HighSchoolOT.com), with emphasis on updates by 12 and 4 p.m.
* Consult with digital director to align staffing with peak hours of news coverage.
* Review work of self and other team members to ensure content accuracy, providing feedback to team members when necessary.
* Serve as digital editor on-call in rotation.
* Delegate responsibility in continuous coverage situations.
* Serve as assignment desk/producer liaison in continuous coverage situations.
* Share technical and style advice with co-workers where necessary.
* Help staff with technical and style issues as they arise
* Fill in for digital director as necessary
The Senior Multiplatform Producer identifies, curates and produces breaking news and engaging stories for WRAL’s digital platforms with an eye toward meeting key digital performance indicators as established on a daily, monthly and annual basis. You will work alongside television journalists daily to write and edit local stories for our digital platforms and to create engaging social media posts that demonstrate an understanding of best practices on those platforms.
* Mastery of AP Style
* Experience with content management systems
* Basic HTML
* Experience with image creation/editing, especially Adobe PhotoShop
* Understanding of social media platforms, their audiences and features
* Experience with video creation and editing software, including Adobe Premiere and/or other video software programs.
* Understanding of SEO
* Ability to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and be able to write several stories a day as well as the ability to craft longer form stories.
* Ability to work well with others and take direction for assignment completion.
* The ability to use real-time and historical analytics to guide site programming and content creation decisions.
* Affinity for or experience in state government or political coverage a plus.
Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment while delivering error-free copy; regularly enterprise and report original content to appeal to the designated digital audience of return visitors.
Should be adept with both words and with digital tools, serving as front-line teacher and troubleshooter for junior digital staff and television journalists in the newsroom-wide use of web-based tools for the creation of digital stories, pictures, live and on-demand video.
This position requires excellent time management and project management ability, demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication, the ability and willingness to learn new things and embrace new workflows based on industry changes and a sense of humor.
Must be a detail-oriented, seasoned journalist who plays a key role both in producing written and video content in a breaking news environment and developing junior staff to do the same.
A mastery of AP style, a basic understanding of television and digital production and a minimum of 5 years experience in a breaking news environment is required. Newsroom management experience preferred.
People come to WRAL and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills.
We’re locally-owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. WRAL is based out of Raleigh, NC, ranked as one of the best places to live and work according to U.S. News & World Report.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.