Warehouse Management Trainee
Bull City Hospitality is hiring for a Baseball Trainee for our Catering department!
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Order, receive and distribute stock for the operation. Manage a 6-10 person team of associates who move product, setup locations, clean foodservice areas, and maintain equipment.
Inventory warehouse and other storage areas, track usage of product and order as needed.
- Maintain product movement in inventory management system.
- Receive deliveries, ensure accuracy of invoices, and authorize them to be paid.
- Act as a liaison for management and workers. Communicate with management and inform them of problems within the stand (or with guests).
- Oversee the associates to insure the demands of the stand are being met.
- Notify the appropriate supervisor if any equipment is not working properly.
- Listen to guest concerns and issues, resolve those that can be and inform the appropriate supervisor.
- Scheduling, training, orientation and discipline of staff.
- Maintaining compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintain inventory management and assist in ordering supplies as directed.
- Check all deliveries against invoice and ensure all supplies are delivered as listed.
- Create and adhere to a preseason building setup and post season cleanup schedule
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Familiar with computers and use of inventory management programs.
- Familiar with counting of stand inventory.
- Ability to multi-task and organize.
- Ability to perform math.
- Ability to communicate in writing or verbally and receive the same.
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Prior experience in food preparation/service.
- Experienced in operating forklifts and other material handling equipment
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: 9 month position, February through October, Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays
This position is intended as an entry level to gain experience in the food & beverage industry. Upon completion of the season, the Warehouse Supervisor Trainee will have gained experience in:
- Use of inventory management systems
- Purchasing food & beverage supplies
- Scheduling and managing of staff
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.