About the Position
The caliber of our clients and our high standards for how we serve them requires that we be highly selective in our recruiting process. We look for the best and then invest the time, technology, and resources that result in long-term success for both the firm and our people. We ask our team members to provide a high level of service to CapinCrouse’s clients and be a driver of firm growth, profitability and success.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide high-quality service to clients as a productive member of assigned audit teams.
- Actively participate in office events and initiatives as a productive team member of the practice office.
- Actively pursue professional development with an initial focus on CPA certification.
- Actively develop auditing knowledge and skills so as to assume increasingly more complex audit and other assurance responsibilities.
- Display integrity and professional behavior consistent with CapinCrouse’s focus, vision, mission and core values.
- Act respectfully and consistent with client values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three or more years of university education
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related finance degree
- Strong academic credentials (minimum 3.25 GPA)
- Relevant work experience (i.e. internships, summer positions, school jobs) a plus but not required
- Must meet the minimum requirements to sit for the CPA exam before pursuing full-time employment with CapinCrouse
- The individual must have the ability to read and interpret documents industry-specific documents, write routine reports and speak effectively to clients and employees of the firm.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Reputation of integrity, even in conflictive situations
- Above average ability to learn and use computer software (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to develop open and trusting relationships
- Ability to work in a team, whether as a member or leader
- Ability to motivate him/herself to grow professionally and serve with excellence
- Ability to assume responsibility for and complete agreed upon assignments
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; exhibiting the ability to manage a heavy workload without sacrificing quality of work or relationships
- Willingness to travel when necessary
- Passion to serve others, especially nonprofit organizations
- Desire to work as a professional in a CPA firm with CapinCrouse’s core values, vision, and mission
The employee in this position typically works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the standard office setting.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee would typically encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Walking (low)
- Climbing (low)
- Bending (low)
- Twisting (low)
- Typing/using hands (moderate/high)
- Sitting (moderate/high)
- An internship with CapinCrouse gives you a first-hand look at a potential career path. You’ll get extensive experience at an accelerated pace.
- If you return after graduation as an associate, you’ll participate in a 12-month orientation program that begins with a week-long introduction and training session, during which you’ll meet peers from across the country, and continues throughout the year with peer advisors, mentoring managers, and a minimum of 40 hours of CPE development
- The ability to work with very knowledgeable professionals and the opportunity to work with clients who are making a real difference in our community, our country, and our world
- State-of-the-art technology to give you the professional tools necessary to be your best
- Firm-sponsored professional memberships
- Assistance and/or reimbursement upon completion of the CPA review course and exam. Our preferred CPA review course providers are Becker, CPA Excel, and Yaeger Lambers
While this job description reflects management’s current assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to the individual in this position. The firm reserves the right to revise and amend this job description at any time, with or without notice.