CapinCrouse is looking for an Information Systems Auditor to be responsible for identifying the threats and risks to the assets of clients’ information systems environments. The auditor is responsible for identifying and testing existing controls to determine if controls are operating effectively and efficiently. The auditor is also responsible for identifying additional controls that could be implemented to further mitigate risks posed to the organization. The auditor must work with a team to perform prescribed audit procedures and abide by conservative timelines. The auditor must also be able to communicate the results from the controls testing to the clients in a manner that facilitates client understanding.
- Performs general information systems control reviews for simple to complex IT environments.
- Completes audit procedures, creates concise explanation of each deficiency, performs peer review and undergoes manager review within a strict timeline usually lasting a maximum of 1 week.
- Prepares audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Schedules meetings with various personnel at client’s organization to conduct interviews remotely and in-person.
- Completes audit procedures before scheduled site visit to enhance efficiency during on-site portion of audit.
- Presents audit findings to client representative(s) at the conclusion of the audit
- Responds to client inquiries outside of the scheduled audit.
- Performs vulnerability scans using specialized software.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology and information security threats.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, Accounting, Business or equivalent combination of related work experience and education
- 3-5 years of internal or external auditing experience
- CISA, CISM or CISSP certification
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in using software (e.g., ACL, Excel, database) and application systems
- Advanced knowledge of auditing processes and procedures
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals and objectives
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while balancing priorities and deliverables
- Competent interpersonal skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced investigative and analytical skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of work time
- Knowledge of current technological developments and trends and information security
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
- No or very limited physical effort required
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment